- The award shall belong to the category of (1)~(3) for what was carried out in and outside with the work excellent in lighting designs by light,such as production of space and environment,and design of a light source and an instrument.
- (1)Architectural, environmental and art works using light
- Architectural and CG considering lighting effects, not only permanent but also temporary installation
- (2)Environment and facility planned in excellent design utilizing energy
- Lighting plan or method or day lighting based on saving-energy
- (3)Lighting fixtures in a fine balance with function, performance, form, and color, and well designed
- Developments of lighting fixtures brilliant in design and performance such as luminous distribution, efficiency and form
2. Conditions for application
- The project must be completed and disclosed to the public in the period from January 1st 2011 to December 31st 2012.
- Applicants must obtain permission of the entry from the persons associated in the project before the application.
- entry never infringe any patents, design rights, and intellectual property right.
- An entry by individual or group is accepted.
- IEIJ member or nonmember can apply for the award. However on commendation ceremony at least one recipient should be a member of IEIJ.
- Any works completed inside and outside of Japan are available.
- The awarded projects will be announced in the journal and on the home page of the IEIJ and shall be presented at an annual conference of the IEIJ.
- All materials, including photographs, will becomes the property of the IEIJ. The IEIJ will have reproduction privileges of them without permission of applicants. Please notify us if you require a credit.
- However, even if an entry is a foreign thing, it meets to the environmental protection relation rules made in Japan as well as a domestic thing.
- The commendation by this award may be less than one affair according to each category. A commendation will not be held in the case of no awards.
- Some projects might be given the incentive award which is worth of it.
4. Application procedure
- An application form is available to download at the bottom of this section.
- Additional documents for the project should be in A4-size with up to 3 sheets. Images less than 10 must be pasted 4 images each on page in Word or Power Point format. All images in original data should be put in a separate folder in case of lowering the quality. Please refer to the table below about the size of image.
- As additional information the video less than 3 minutes is accepted.
- Please submit all application documents by CD-ROM or DVD listed the project name with plastic package and also the hard copy.
- Please enclose a copy of brochure of the affiliation the applicants belong to.
- All application documents will not be returned to an applicant.
- The projects are judged in terms of originality, progressivity, emotivity, durability, sociality and economy.
- A Judging committee is set up in the IEIJ and judges against specific criteria.
- Judges, Tenji Wake,Yasusuke Miyaji, Setsuko Ando, Koichi Kaiho, Motoya Takami, Shigeo Kobayashi, Reiko Chikada, Tadashi Doi, Yasuyuki Tomita, Jun Matsumoto, Etsuko Mochizuki, Tetsuo Yamaya , and Hiroshi Kansaku
6. Closing date for application
- Tuesday, January 31, 2013
- Please send by registered mail. E-mail is not acceptable.
Mailing address and contact information
- “Design Award for Light and Lighting” The Illuminating Engineering Institute of Japan (SHOUMEI GAKKAI) Suitaya Building 3F,2-8-4, Kandatsukasamachi, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo,101-0048, Japan FAX (+81)3-5294-0102 aiding(at)ieij.or.jp (change "(at)" into "@")
- The end of April, 2013
- The presentation will be held in conjunction with the annual conference of the IEIJ on September 2013 at Nagoya University. Recipients may be asked a speech at the conference.
8. Notice to recipients
9. Commendation ceremony
Size guide of images
|Pixels||Resolution||Printing size (300dpi)||Size|